Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our run yesterday was so hard. I would have stopped after two miles if Natalie wasn't there. I think part of why it was so hard is that the last 1/4 or more of it was all uphill. But I am so proud of us for doing it. We didn't stop at all. This was the first run where side cramps wasn't my big problem. This time my legs were so heavy, it was so hard to keep moving. I just have to keep telling myself 'just a little further'. Especially up the last hill we had to run really slow or I would never have made it, but at least we kept going. Maybe after we get better at running we can try to go faster. I can't wait until we have been running long enough that it isn't incredibly hard anymore to just run a few miles. I know the only way to get there is to keep going though. It is so much better to have a running partner. There is no way I would go if I didn't know that Natalie was waiting for me.
Curt and I have decided to try not eating any sweets during the week. Our reward for doing that is to get a treat at Macey's on Saturday when we go grocery shopping. This is just week one, but so far we are doing good. The only way I can not eat treats is to not have them around. So we ate all the treats at our house and now we don't have anymore except some otter pops. So far it is working good because most of the time I am too lazy to go buy a treat or make one.
We also decided that we have to go swimming three times a week. If we don't then the other person has to do the dishes for two weeks. I think this will work for us because we would feel really bad if we made it so the other one had to do the dishes for that long. So hopefully that is motivating enough. It is also motivating to know that Becky and Mom have already run 7 miles, so I know I have to keep working hard to be able to run that far in one month.
Also every week I say I want to do some crunches and pushups and then every week I never do any. Maybe you guys can ask me if I do them so I am accountable to someone.
I love you guys-

No comments: